The Fluke 2042 is a professional general purpose cable locator. It is ideal for tracing cables in walls and underground, locating fuses/breakers on final circuits and locating interruptions and short-circuits in cables and electrical floor heating systems. It can also be used for tracing metallic water and heating pipes. The unit is supplied as a complete kit comprising of a transmitter and receiver in a purpose-made carry case. The receiver also incorporates a torch function for working in dimly lit locations.
- For all applications (live or dead cables) without additional instruments
- Set includes a transmitter and a receiver
- Proven digitally coded sender signal guarantees clear signal identification
- Transmitter with LC-display for transmitting level, transmitting code and external voltage
- Receiver with a backlight LC-display for level of receiving signal, code of receiving signal and live voltage indication
- Automatic or manual adjustment of receiving signal sensitivity
- Acoustical receiving signal switchable
- Additional torch lamp function for working in dark environments
- Additional transmitters are available for extension of to distinguish between several signals
All inputs of the Fluke 2042 is protected to EN61010-1 CAT III 300V rating.